We are so excited to start our free Anti-Knife Crime workshops in September, thanks to the Home Office's Anti-Knife Crime Community Fund.
They have launched a fantastic campaign on being #KnifeFree and have provided some very useful information on the consequences of carrying a knife.
Here are some of the points, but to see the full list, visit #KnifeFree.
1. Carrying a knife can mean four years in prison, even if you don't use it.
2. Carrying a knife doesn’t just have an impact on you; it can affect your family and friends too.
3. Countries such as the USA and Canada may not allow someone with a criminal record in, even just on holiday.
4. People who carry a weapon are more likely to be hospitalised with an injury caused by violence.
5. There is no ‘safe place’ to stab someone – any stab can be fatal – and the consequences will be just as severe.
They have also released a series of videos with a number of young people's experiences.
Have a look here:
If you or someone you know needs support around knife crime or carrying a knife, get in contact with these support services.